After much debate, we decided to stay home and have a quiet Thanksgiving for ourselves this year. Chris is taking boards next week and he wanted to take the time off to study. It was really nice to do our own thing and start some traditions for our own Holidays. I mean...it's about time right....we aren't quite kids anymore. Sadly....

Our Appetizers for the afternoon while we listened to music, watched movies, watches some football, and cooked up a storm.
Hm.....what was Chris doing while i was cooking? Playing with the camera....I posted the least embarassing picture. It was hilarious!
Our place setting. Looks....a little off....that's what happens when you let your husband place the silverware. Great Grandmother must have been turning in her grave!

The turkey.....since it was just us I just bought a turkey breast. We aren't really fans of the other parts anyways. I stuffed it with some stuffing and here it is.
We even let Maximus have some of the feast. He's a funny dog. One of the first tricks we taught him was sitting with two paws up. Now he will beg at the table in the position. His thought process must be "Hey...if I do a trick they have to feed me". It usually works when we allow him to beg. It's cute!
Dessert. Since it was just the two of us I didn't make my apple pies this year. Just a Costco pumpkin pie. You can't do Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie. Sadly....over the course of the weekend we ate this entire thing ourselves!

In honor of the Pilgrims....we played a game of Settlers of Cataan. Maximus was so hungry for our attention that we gave him a seat to watch us play. I think he was my good luck charm because Chris had a hard time winning. LOL. Sorry babe! You'll have to find another game you can beat me at. JK!












4 comments:
That table looks amazing! You sure are going to be disappointed with the Christmas dinner table I set. Hopefully the food will taste good though, right?
that is awesome!!! ha ha I will be doing another Thanksgiving dinner this year. I am seriously havin withdrawls with not having any leftovers or anything. ..... ugh... can't talk about it. it was a really weird day. HA HA
Anyway EVERYTHING LOOKS AWESOME!!! you are awesome!
that china is sooo beautiful! that is awesome! I have some of my grandmas moms china. I say some because some peices were destroyed. So... it isn't complete. But I use it anyway. But again it isn't as beautifully designed. BEAUTIFUL!!! Lucky girl!
Wow! Great job Patience. I should have come to your house. You guys are invited XMAS eve to our house if you are here and don't have anywhere to go. It would be fun to see you again.
Your great grondmother would be very much impressed to see the elegance live on and be enjoyed! It all looks so perfect. Wish I was there to enjoy it with you both. Next year doth cometh soon! You will both be missed around these parts Christmas!!!
*sob sob sniff sniff*
GOOD LUCK, CHRIS, ON THE BOARDS!!
Sadly, we have a connection for you in Oregon.....write soon for more on that.
We love you!!!
Mom and Dad Umina
Post a Comment