We have a friend who is an amazing chef! So naturally when it was our turn to have them over for dinner, I was a little nervous. I'm so mad that I forgot to put out my chargers. I knew something was missing from the table. I have these beautiful chargers that go underneath the plates and this table look funny without them.

It's almost time! The meal included a roasted tomato and red pepper soup topped with a blend of Italian cheeses and basil, a deluxe caprese salad with seasoned artichokes, kalamata olives, onions, basil, fresh mozerella, and tomato (The Italians know how to make a salad. Lettuce? Yuck! You don't need that in salad!), Focaccia with basil, sundried tomatoes, onion, and a blend of Italian cheeses, A spinach, pesto, and ricotta cheeses stuffed shells covered with Italian sausage, sundried tomatoes, and marinera sauce, and for dessert a lemon torte. Darren also brought an amazing bananna pudding!
It was a great night! We toasted with sparkling pomegranite juice. If only I had remembered the chargers!!! The chargers!!! Grr.....But it was a great evening!
This was all by candlelight and Andrea Bocelli and Micheal Buble of course. Then a happy Chris taught our guests how to play Settlers (his all time favorite game). We played late into the night and they really liked it! But it's not a game for everyone.



6 comments:
And I have more chagers here plus the china....next time, right? Love the dinner...you must teach me how to make some of these delights...can I come out for classes???
Love the changes to the blog...more really cute pictures of you two! The one Becky took has got to be my favorite!
Keep spreading those smiles around....
Hugs to you both!
The menu sounds so difficult! Looks like you had a really good time, with really good food and games. I love Settler's but my husband doesn't want to take the time to really learn. Maybe someday...
That's out of control fancy! I can't imagine having the time to cook that kind of a meal. Who took the picture on your header? It is gorgeous!
how in the world do you come up with these ideas! I only wish that I could be a cook like you! You really should make your own recipe book! I would buy it!
That is awesome! And Holy Cow! NICE DINNER!
I understand about the Chargers, I have done that before too.
I actually only use mine with my White and Gold China. Since my Chargers are gold. But.. I want more.
That is awesome though! How did you think of the menu?
PS. Your House is Hecka Cute! (sorry for the word Hecka... I dont' know why I say that all the time. My cousin give me greif about it...)
Post a Comment