Thursday, January 24, 2008

1st Annual Steffi Ball

Our good friends Josh and Steffi threw a great party this past weekend. It was Steffi's 1st annual 29th birthday party. Josh turned their bonus room into a winter wonderland. Chris and I helped decorate. I made all the snowflakes and Chris helped with all the white paper and streamers. Josh did a fantastic job! It was a black tie event so we had fun getting dressed up.

We took high school prom style pictures. LOL. It was a lot of fun!

This was the spread of finger foods. I made some "Wicked Goods" (cookies) in the back corner. They were a big hit. I guess I'll have to share my secret recipe. Steffi's friend Megan had some tasty creations as well! The meatballs and terryaki chicken kabobs were a hit! The lighting was all by candlelight and very romantic but the flash made it look like day. Josh also put white confetti on the ground to make it look like snow.

Here's our birthday belle. We love you Steffi!

All of us singing happy birthday.

The amazing cake! It was Lemon Chaffon and made by the same people who did their wedding cake. Great job Josh with the Tiara and snowflakes (all edible).

The happy couple!

And Steffi gets the first piece so her wish comes true! Here's to all of your 29th birthdays to come!

2 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That looks like so much fun!!!

I have always wanted a fun black tie event like that!!

What did you guys do? was there music? was it all just talking?

kara said...

Oh my! I have seriously underestimated the potential of a birthday party. Nice job...looks like it was a great party!