Monday, June 11, 2007

Point Reyes

Point Reyes
Chris and I finally had some time to drive out to Point Reyes. It's a lighthouse about 1 1/2 hours from our house and we have been meaning to go since we moved here (funny how dental school interferes with your time). It's a very pretty drive.
We got there and it was so windy that there was a melodic whistling sound coming from the wind blowing over the telephone and electricity wires. It was a little creepy.
The beach nearby was really pretty and had some amazing waves. People come here to sit and watch whales during the whale season.

We saw the coolest lone banana slug by some of the trees. We don't have them like this is Boston. I wonder how he made it out there.

I just thought this would be a cool shot. Eh....

It is SO windy there that the trees grow bent over. Talk about standing strong through adversity. I seriously was worried the wind would push us off the cliffs it was so strong and here these trees are just chillin' out. I need to be more like these trees. Besides the shape you couldn't tell it phased them. They weren't bending or shaking or anything. I will be more like these trees.

Talk about rough waters...It's 30 stories down and the worst part is climbing the 30 stories back up it's over 300 steps!!

I thought I might get a Titanic like shot here. I was holding on to the rail for dear life scared I might get blown down to the sea. I can only imagine what the ships go through when they pass nearby. Now I am thinking all kinds of lighthouse analogies. I bet the ships are grateful.

The Cliffs hundreds of feet below. The picture does not do it justice.

Amidst all this wind there were the most beautiful of tropical plants growing on the cliffs. Nature grows in adversity and so can we all. And look how beautiful it can be if you hold strong and are rooted. There were many more flowers but we were very cold at this point.

Just a beautiful fun and spiritual afternoon!

5 comments:

Mary Stuart said...

Hi Patience. I do not know if you remember me. I am Becky's friend and we used to be in the same ward here in Vegas. I came across your site from Becky's and thoguht I would say Hi. You guys look like you are doing well and having lots of fun. My best friend is living in San Jose right now and I have to say I am pretty jealous of you guys! It is so beautiful up there in N. Cali.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's looks beautiful there. It is so weird to see you guys wearing jackets and we're down here sweating our brains out in Vegas. jelous! love ya

Author said...

Wow! That is such a great trip. You've jsut inspired my next road trip

mb said...

Hey I was going to tell you that in downtown Novato there is a candy store called Powell's and they have awesome gelato. Not that I have ever tasted the real thing, but out of what I have tasted at different places, theirs rocks!!!!

Annie said...

Super impressive stuff huh! So glad you are getting out and enjoying the break.
All our family just left so I'll have time to work on your blog banner finally. I'll e-mail it to you soon. Hope all is well.