
So....I feel the need to vent. Perhaps this isn't the best venue but sometimes I feel things need to be said. I am not a gingerbread cookie! What if I want to be a chocolate chip cookie, with a little peanut butter? What if I want to be made of rice crispies and not in the shape of a little man at all. Maybe I want to be some other fun shape. What's wrong with that?
So....why is it that the gingerbread cookie cutter people want us all to be gingerbread? Is it to justify that they are a gingerbread? Does it make them feel safe in their flour based crunchiness? Is the only way to live life is with 3 little gumdrop buttons and a smile on your face? Is it really a smile? Did you think you wanted to be a gingerbread cookie then decide you really wanted some frosting on your legs, belly, and arms before the gumdrops? Is that what this is all about? Must we all come from an oven? What about no bake cookies?
My advice to traditional gingerbread cookies?? You still taste great! If you are happy to be a traditional cookie. Go on and be happy. But let me be the gingerbread cookie I want. Heck...let's break the mold a little. Some of us aren't happy with the mundane. There is more than one recipe and more than one way or shape. We don't need advice or judements on conventional recipes. Everybody knows those. Some of us like to create our own stuff.... Do things at our own pace. Worry about your own tastiness and less about how other gingerbread cookies taste. Maybe find a nice cup of milk....and learn to appreciate my star shaped, no bake, chocolate chip, peanut butter, rice krispy, pink frosted gooey goodness version. LOL. Maybe you'll venture out one day and add some sprinkles. Other gingerbread cookies like me know what I mean.....
Now....shall I go make some cookies? It's my prime time for genius in the kitchen....1:30 am! LOL
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH TRADITIONAL GINGERBREAD COOKIES. I'M JUST NOT ONE. SORRY TO DISAPPOINT! BUT PLEASE GET OVER IT! ENJOY THE CHANGE FOR ONCE!



4 comments:
I'm pretty sure I'm a flourless peanut butter cookie dipped in chocolate... in the shape of a hexagon...
I'm glad you're confident about your uniqueness Patience. I love the way you are.
Hmm..... what cookie would I be. Probably a holiday cookie. That could TRANSFORM INTO ANY HOLIDAY COOKIE I WANTED! :) I would be the Sour Cream Sugar Cookies :) They are good :)
Gotta love ya babe! :) And YOUR COOKIES ARE AMAZING! :)
I'm all about eating the dough...forget the freakin' cookie I say! LOL! You're a sweety!
Hmm Venting HMM did this coincide with the Nov elections?
Well welcome to 4 years of socialism, Baby!
for the record - I would be a Gingersnap cookie!
Auntie J Jet
Post a Comment