Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Latest Creation...I Love Working With Fondant

It was my boss' birthday and I wanted to do something fun and different for her so I made this fun cake. It took a LONG time but it was really fun.

I have extra fondant in all the colors so I may want to make some more. What an addicting hobbby.

7 comments:

Jessica McCann said...

I love your cakes. I want to learn how to use fondant. The cupcakes were easy. I just used a box mix for the cupcakes and then homemade frosting. You get a big round tip for the swirl and the flower is an angled tip. We started on the outside and used a back a forth motion to create the flower. I don't really know how to explain it, but you could figure it out.
I love your style of camping. We took an air matress when I was pregnant. It was fun. I love the outdoors.

Shanana said...

Wow! You guys had an action packed weekend. It's amazing what you can do with one extra day added to the weekend.

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That is seriously so cute!! How awesome!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Your baking skills out-do mine 100 to 1. Great job on the cake.

Tracy said...

That is so funny that you just blogged about fondant because I was reading a "how to make a cute cake" article and it was using fondant and using circle cookie cutters to make it a "polk a dot" fondant cake. And of course, me, the unexperienced cake maker wondered what fondant was and where to get it.. haha apparently I should just talk to Patience! Your cake is darling!!

Addie-buggie said...

So cute how bout we open our own bakery together? So that is so funny that you had some more fondant pics, because I went to "Michaels" craft store the other day and I found this rolling pad that presses into the fondant and imprints flowers or other designs(it was way cute.) check it out so adorable. luvins :)

mb said...

Hey- I was thinking about you in my kickboxig class today! How are you? Are you guys graduating this year? Where are you headed off to?