As if Chris didn't have enough accidents in the last few weeks, here is yet another to add to the broken leg saga. Stairs can be so difficult when you are on crutches!
Chris was home alone and the doorbell rang. It was the missionaries coming over to dinner. We have been helping them teach an investigator that was actually baptized last night. Congratulations Caitlin!! I hadn't arrived home yet. He was in a hurry to get to the door, got about 4 steps from the bottom of the stairs and lost his balance. We are lucky that he didn't hurt himself more. Yes, that hole is the size of Chris' head because that is what created it! His head went right through the wall when he landed. Thankfully no concussion or injury. And also that he didn't hit a stud. I think he might have been knocked unconscious. So he finally made it to the door and had quite the story to tell. When I got home, I just kept laughing. After, of course, I asked if he was ok. I know....again...I'm a terrible wife. But at least I have a sense of humor.
He fell so hard that he even bent his metal crutch!
So of course the next day I was off to Home Depot to get stuff to fix the wall. I really enjoy doing things like this! I'm into projects. Like our bathrooms that I remodeled earlier this year. I like to consider myself a "Jill of all Trades".
"Whistle while you work".....It was a big hole so this time I had to cut sheetrock for it. Since the studs were really far away, I had to get creative. Well......the people at Home Depot helped with the idea. No metal mesh patches for this guy.
Then of course the fun part. I LOVE this stuff!!
What hole? The paint was still drying so it was a little off color. Now you can't even tell. But the story is priceless!











7 comments:
HAhah that's hilarious! (As long as his head is okay it's pretty darn funny!) I wouldn't have been up to answering the door after that episode! What a trooper.
I would have had no idea how to fix it but it sure looks like fun!
I still can't believe all this craziness. When you guys come to stay with us next weekend tell Chris to sit his butt down because I can't afford nothing to be broke in our house....we poor. LOL JK and I can't wait to see you guys! Love ya!
Great job! I am sure you can paint over it & no one will ever know- and you won;t get charged when you move out!
Not ot worry---Mom is here! I just sent off to you Tuesday, two banners....Red Sox, of course...to hang on the wall over the hole, which I know one can not even see due the expertise work-woman-ship!
And thus is the word from the Home of the American League Champs and the World Champs! Go Sox!!!
Hugs!
Patience- you are Mrs. Fix-it- that is very impressive!
Would you please email me the dates of yours and Chris' birthdays- I am making a master list. Thank you!
candicedrew@gmail.com
How in the heck are you guys doing? Staying busy with the kick boxing class? Hope your Thanksgiving was great & have a Merry Christmas! Hope you get a good vacation- you deserve it!
Post a Comment