Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Doctor Says.....

So after a weekend of trying to keep Chris off his feet (nearly impossible for someone so active. I had to jokingly threaten to break his other leg so he would stay and rest) we went to the Orthopedic Surgeon today to have it all checked out. Well the foot is obviously still very swollen. Chris thought he was feeling much better and we expected to get the cast on and be on our way. Chris even dressed for school because he was planning on going after the doctor. Luckily the doctor is right accross the street from his school. Well.....our worst fears were fulfilled. Chris has to have surgery on the foot. He needs two pins put into his broken ankle. His Fibula should heal on its own so we don't need a plate put on that one. The doctor wanted to operate right away before scar tissue started forming. So Chris is off to surgery tomorrow at 11:30. Oh boy!!

Look at the pretty colors! He was actually off the Vicodin today. Hmmm.... I'm definitely not that tough!

Chris wanted to prove that he isn't an obese man and does really have normal ankles. The doctor said it's about 5 times as swollen and 2 more than it should be. HE JUST COULDN'T STAY OFF IT AND LISTEN TO ME!!

SO.....he has the rest of the week off of school and the beginning of next week while he recovers from surgery.

The doctor told us that he had to have it extremely elevated in order for him to have a successful operation tomorrow. So we put his foot on the Love Sac.

Well that wasn't very comfortable so we moved the Love Sac upstairs and put it on the fold out foam futon in the office. Unfortunately the TV is much smaller up there but hey.... He's quite comfortable now as you can see. Now....when is the Red Sox game on? At least I can watch my "Tivo"ed shows downstairs that he doesn't like. Dancing with the Stars, The Biggest Loser, and Grey's Anatomy. He's not a fan...

This is actually a blessing in disguise because he has some time off to study more for his National Board exam. Between Sox games and of course naps. He promises to listen to me now and take it easy for a while.
I'll post pictures tomorrow of the surgery. What an adventure this has become! We are still laughing about it. Well....until we get the bills. Eek!

3 comments:

Annie said...

My goodness! I'm so sorry to hear that your worst fears were realized on this one. Poor Chris! Good luck with the surgery tomorrow...I will be thinking and praying for him.

Kathy said...

I have total sympathy. I was standing on a curb and lifted my right leg to get into my car. My left ankle pivoted off the edge of the curb. I fractured my ankle and detached the ligaments. It was a total fluke accident. I am totally healed now and I can look back and laugh, sorta. Good luck with your healing process Chris and good luck with your patience, Patience.

Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.