Wednesday, October 17, 2007

And the surgery is......DONE! For now.

This whole experience has been so interesting. Last night Chris was hysterically laughing in his sleep. I kept asking him what was so funny but he was still asleep and just kept laughing. He doesn't remember it. Chris had his first surgery today. They called us early in the morning to get us in earlier because they had a cancellation. We thought that we would be out by noon. Well...6 hours later they let us out. I guess that the surgery took longer than expected. Also, he took a while to recover from the anesthesia. The doctor was very kind and professional. So now he is on crutches for at least 10 weeks until he gets his screws out with another surgery.

It doesn't look like you can get these at Home Depot.

When Chris came out of the general anesthesia he was hilarious! He came out and he just kept saying "I love you Patience. I'm so lucky" over and over and over again. Then when the nurse brought him down to the car he just kept saying how thankful he was for her help over and over and over again. We were all saying "Yes, we know Chris". Doesn't he look lovely in this picture? He has the word "NO" written on his left leg just to make sure they didn't operate on the wrong one. He thought that was hilarious. The last thing that Chris said to the nurse was "you guys are expensive but you are great". He's got enough drugs now to keep him that happy for a while. Plus we have all kinds of new medical toys. The only pain now will be if the Red Sox lose and don't go to the World Series.

1 comment:

Blacks said...

I probably shouldn't be laughing, but that was a really funny post! Those drugs sure make people funny. I hope he keeps you entertained Patience! And get well soon, Chris.
-Becca Black