Absolutely Amazing!!!

Chris and I took a drive down to TheTech museum in San Jose to see this exhibit that we have been wanting to see for a long time. Well....Chris has and he talked me into it. That's what I get for having a Doctor for a husband. I actually found it incredibly interesting. On display are actual human bodies. They take cadavers and use a technique called plastination where they inject plastic into the muscles and tissues and make them last forever. So you get to look at actual bodies on display without the smell of the cadaver lab. ICK! The thing is that they display them in ways that teach you so many things about the body. You get to see up close and personal all the organs, muscles, tendons, nerves etc. I learned SO MUCH! They even had a section on a women's body and the stages of pregnancy. They had a real fetus at every stage of development from just after conception as a zygote to about 6 months and a real women's body that was 5 months pregnant (She died of some cancer related to heavy smoking). But they had cut open her stomach to show how a baby rests in your body. You could see the uterus, the ovaries, bladder, etc. I know it sounds morbid but they displayed it in a really classy beautiful way. They even had a display called the "giant man" where they took every muscles and organ and put about 2 inches of space between them so you could look and find everything in the body. The man was over 12 feet tall and 6 feet wide. They had hearts and brains on display. They had healthy ones and ones that had suffered a heart attack or brain hemmorage and the effects it has on your body. They had hardened arteries and all kinds of diseased stuff as well that caused death. We saw a brain and how it is attached to the spinal cord and they even had a body that had all the muscles removed and was just all the nerves that run through your body. There was so much more too! But it was just amazing! It also had an underlying theme of human potential and keeping your body healthy. I would highly reccommend it! Just amazing! We also saw an IMAX film that was a literal journey all through your body. Cool!



3 comments:
Hi Peachy Peach!
This same exhibit was in Boston for awhile too. I did not go to see it-just did not have the stomach for it-eek! Now I kick myself for missing it. Glad you enjoyed it?
I wanted to go so bad when it was in San Francisco! I didn't know it went to San Jose... well now I have something to look forward to!
Just wanted to say thanks for the advice of going to this thing. Rob and I went on Friday night and Sam stayed home with my parents. We had so much fun and were just as amazed as you two were I'm sure. Afterwards we went across the street to Morton's steakhouse. Yummy!
Post a Comment