White Coat Ceremony for UOP
Yay Chris!! I'm so proud of you!!
The ceremony was in the city at the Veteran's Building in the Herbst Theater. It's right accross from City Hall and was this huge beautiful stone very Roman looking building. The ceremony is for the commencement of the part of dental school where Chris begins working on patients. It was very beautiful and inspiring.
I got there 20 minutes early and was barely able to find a seat!! We are waiting for the ceremony to begin. I was playing with my camera to find the right setting. Some of the pictures came out a little dark sorry.
They began with talks on dentistry and the responsibility of service to everyone and quality of care for your patients. Also, about the joys of dentistry and the art of the trade. They then had a speaker on how we will all makes mistakes and how to avoid potential problems as a dentist. I got all choked up. I'm so proud of Chris!! He has worked so hard!
That's my Chris the first one out. They brought out their white coats and had a member of the faculty put it on them. There was a beautiful quartet playing classical music the whole time. It was very well done.
That's Chris with his framed copy of the Professional Oath.
Chris stepping down.
All the newly coated dentists reciting the oath. I will do no harm....etc. I will be holding Chris to this one!! What about cause no pain??
Welcome to dentisty the greatest profession there is!!
Us with Authur A. Dugoni the man the school is named after. He was the dean until retiring this last year but is still very much a part of the school. He's such an amazing person and role model to all of the students there. Chris just thinks he is dynamite! I do too!
A close up of the coat. Yes that says Dr.
I'm so proud of you honey!!
Chris with Craig and Brian two of his good buddies. Great guys!
The reception that followed upstairs. It was this really nice catered dinner/dessert/finger foods type deal with an open bar. Chris and I had our Cokes. It was just beautiful. The balcony was open and you looked right out to a great view of the city. Very nice!!
Chris with Rachel and Tamara (two of this row mates). All of his friends at the school are such wonderful people. We couldn't have asked for a better group!





No comments:
Post a Comment