Thursday, September 18, 2008

State Fair in Sacramento (late in posting by a month)

About a month ago Chris and I traveled to Sacramento for the famous CA State Fair. It was so much fun and we want to thank our amazing hosts the Bowdens for such a great time!!

Rachel this picture is for you! We got to check out some really cool livestock!

That is a cow....they were HUGE there! It was crazy because they were just walking all over with their owners.

Farmer Jane getting ready to milk a goat!!

You can't see but the goat had these funny hair things hanging down so I am trying to look like him. Um....failing to do so.

Ashley with this HUGE dairy cow!

I found this police horse was quite fond of me.

Getting excited for the rides!

Bumper cars! My FAVORITE!!!!

They had this cool expo thing that had all these inventions. We really liked these strap on chairs for back support. Chris even thought of getting one for his dental practice.

We bought those towels that hold an amazing amount of water. It was like a live infomercial and we got sucked in. But they work awesome!

Thinking of strategic poses to win the slide race.....

Hey! Get out of our picture! After the slide race.....I came in last....

More rides!!!

hmmmmm....Gelato. This was SO GOOD! Some of the best I have had!

So Ash has this camera setting where it takes like 5 pictures in a row and you just pose all crazy. Here are some of them.....as you can see the fair rides, sugar, and fried foods have really gone to our brains!

Umm...not sure on this one!
Yeah....we are so cool or crazy!

Chris and Austin posing with the hulk. Oh baby!

I love this action shot of Chris!!!!

And what would a fair be without the picture on the CA State Golden Bear at the entrance.

Take 2...

And then it was over. We were really out of it! LOTS of sugar, fried foods (hmmm.... fried snickers), Gelato, some yummy lemonade and a few sodas. An evil concoction as you can see. Not sure what we were thinking at this point but we had a great time!! Til....next year....

4 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

Has it been a whole month?? Really??
:( Sorry...

IT WAS WAY FUN!!

Here is to many a more fun times!!

Cheers!

diana umina said...

Looks like you kids had way too much fun! And a mother's nightmare.....massive sugar intake!! Love the pictures!!
Hugs,
Mom

Tracy said...

Hahah I love the effects of massive sugar intake! You definitely got some good pictures out of it!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You and Chris look AMAZING!!! Way to go guys!!! I need to get my butt to the gym! *sigh*

So glad you had fun with Ashley and Austin! Looks like you guys had a blast!!!