Monday, August 18, 2008

The 1st china dinner

So since I now have some china, I thought that it would be apropriate to make a fancy dinner and use it. We were having some friends over for dinner yesterday and I thought it would be fun to slave away and make a really fun dinner. You can't tell but I made rolls and tied them into rosettes and then made my first ever butter puffs with my fancy frosting press thingy I got for my birthday.

Dinner set for 4. Unfortunately I didn't have all of my nice stuff because I no longer have a china cabinet (we sold it for space issues) I have all my nice stuff in our storage. I was too lazy to go dig through storage so I made due with what I had. Otherwise I would have used a white table cloths and white table linens.

Josh and Steffi Townsend joined us. We discovered that this time of year is also the anniversary of when we first met them. So we toasted with white grape juice to all the recent anniversaries.

The menu? Marinated Turkey breasts. I decided I would try and makes some fun garnishes since it was a fancy meal. It was surprisingly easy! Who needs culinary school right? Well....garnishes is probably something people know before they go...but still.

Mashed potatoes.

And green beans. Yum!

For dessert Steffi made us a cake and brought a #5 candle for our anniversary. Hmmm...not the greatest picture and I really should have taken off my 4inch heels! LOL. I look like a giant next to Chris.

And the cake was actually purple! my favorite color! And it was amazing! Steffi I love your cakes!

4 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That looks REALLY REALLY GOOD! GOOD JOB!

How did she do the Purple cake? what flavor is it?

Dayna said...

holy cow patience! what a meal! I really need to get some good tips from you! I love cooking, but I have a LONG way to go to get to where you are! Way to go! Chris must love it! :)

K said...

Christopher Adams! I just ran into your sister's blog and found yours...whoa, it's been a long time!!! =) How the heck have you been???

=) Kali Massey

Lainie said...

YOU better move up here AND YOU better invite Kendall and I over (please without the kids) so we can sample some of your amazing food!!!! I hate it when you post pix of food cause then it just makes me want to eat. Good thing I went to the gym this morning!!!