So some nights I am a bit of an insomniac. This usually happens the night before I am going to do a big project or something that I am really excited about. Well tonight we are going to a dinner party with 8 people and I was asked to bring dessert. One of the girl's birthdays is Sunday. Also... I have been wanting to make a cake using fondant for a long time and thought I would combine the two. I found out here favorite cake was strawberry with fruit inside. Soo...
Yes....it is 2:21 AM! I couldn't sleep! I was too excited for the project! And once I started there was no stopping me. I hate to leave stuff half done.
The strawberry cake. One layer of lemon cream frosting, then strawberries, then crushed pineapple, then another layer of strawberries (I had just started that one).
Then I frosted it with vanilla frosting.
Then...I had some fun with the fondant.
And this was the finished product. At 2 in the morning my mind is pretty creative!
A side view. I can't wait to eat it! I won't tell you how long it took me to clean up my kitchen after all of this was done! Let's just say that it was getting light. Embarassingly....I slept until noon on Saturday. But I slept soundly knowing my project was done and not hanging over my head.
And I still have some left!! Hmm....what will I make now! Stay tuned. You may see more on the blog soon.




5 comments:
WOW! I'm so impressed patience! That looks so yummy!I love the pic of you two on your header! Precious!
That looks so pretty and tasty too. Let us know how it turned out. How did you make the fondant? And I can relate to the insomniac issue... although since I've had a child I haven't had problems with it! No more sleeping in until noon!
And it was very tasty! Thank you, Patience and Chris for meeting me at the airport Saturday night-wish I could have stayed longer. Miss you both very much.
Please insert picture of us and a group hug here......sorry, we did not get one of those shots!
Hugs just the same,
Mom
That is awesome!!!!
I have always wanted to do cute cakes like that!! CONGRATZ!!!
It looks SOOO good!
Let us know how amazing it was so we can be jealous that we arn't there eating it HA HA :)
Seriously that is so awesome!
How did you make the Fondant? I have wanted to experiment with it, and I totally know about insomnia. You ever can't sleep give me a call. HA HA I am more than likly up as well. :)
Fondant is so fun, you can do anything with that stuff. I wil have to send you some fun recipes through the mail. There is this one that I love, where you make the cake look like a big blue present with a white bow and trim. So fun. Your cake looked so yummy, I bet it was a hit, you little ocd insomniac!
Post a Comment