Friday, August 17, 2007

Girls Camp!

Young Women Girl's Camp 2007
Hard Hats Soft Hearts (construction theme)
Building a relationship with our Savior
The group shot. We had 86 girls and about 30 leaders up at Treasure Mountain Camp in Sierraville, CA (almost to Tahoe in the mountains)

I drove up the big van without any problems except for the fact that Tiara, Kelti, and I got very lost. Blast mapquest directions!! It took us 3 hours longer than it should have going 10 miles an hour on some back country dirt road named National Forest 05. We drove the whole thing which was about 30 miles. Yikes!! We were so glad to finally arrive!! Since we were on the dirt road so long the dust got up in the van and everything by the door in the back was covered with dirt. It took us a while to clean it all up.

Speaking of cleaning, the girls in our ward won the Golden Dust Pan the first morning for having the cleanest yurt and campsite. We would have had it all week but we decided to share. LOL. It was hard.

The San Rafael 2nd ward crew. AKA SR2. We quickly became a camp favorite with all of our energy and crazy antics. We brought a lot of life to camp to put it mildly.

Lots of watermelon!! It was hot! This was to welcome back our girls from their hikes. Some of them went just for the day and others went overnight. Even with all the bears!! We had one in camp the last night which was really scary. Thank heaven for the guys with their ATVS who scared it away and kept watch. We tied the doors to our yurt closed with rope. Not that that would have helped if a bear came but it was a little peace of mind.

The 1st group of tired girls returning. If you look close for the purple bandanna you will see me with the camp director big megaphone. As if I'm not loud enough already...

So we added a little flavor at the talent show with a self made rap about the interesting things that happened at girls camp. It was really fun!!

That's rapper Patience. Can't you tell? I'm such a rapper....not.

The ending pose. Young Women.... represent...virtue....word. Of course with our fingers posed in a Y and W for it all.

Our home base. The Yurt that the girls named Bob. ?? The sign says the Priceless Pearls -polished by the Master's hand. Each of the pearls on the string was decorated and had one of our girl's names on it.

Our lovely head table, our clothesline, and our water station.

Another shot of Bob and our kitchen station with stoves. Overall it was a blast. The girls that came were such a strength and example to me even though I was supposed to be a strength and example to them. I think one of the highlights was the massive dance party in the gazebo with all of the girls the second to last night. It was all decked out in Christmas lights and all of us were getting our groove on. I invented some cool new moves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that really makes me miss girls camp! How fun. I can't wait to go as a leader....if I ever get out of primary :)

Lainie said...

I wish you'd been my camp leader when I was in YW! You are a hoot!!! What fun. I don't think you'll be off the hook for next year. You're too good, Patience!