Friday, August 17, 2007

The Anniversary Tradition

Has it been 4 years already?? Where does the time go?
Chris and I started a tradition when we first got married. We have a change jar that we put all of our spare change in for a year. However this one has a twist. It's a marriage bank. Every time you put money in it you have to do something nice for the other person. At the end of the year, on the eve of our anniversary, we count the money we saved by building up our marriage and find something fun to spend it on for our anniversary. This year's total since anniversary #3 was $140. That's been about the average. That way we always have money to do something fun on our anniversary. Even if we are broke dental students.

The tradition is to separate it all out and put it into rolls. I know there are easier ways to do this but the time together is worth it. It makes for a fun activity. Plus we have some currency from the different countries we have traveled together in there just to reminisce. It's a lot of fun!

Chris made us wear gloves this time because he is studying about all the microscopic germs in his Microbiology class. Yikes! I'm so glad that we did!!

The picture doesn't do it justice. Talk about dirty money. LOL.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great idea about the money jar! And that money is SICK. Im really glad we normally can't see what goes on our hands. I think I would become a germaphobe!

Lainie said...

That is such a fun idea!!! Thanks for sharing Patience! You guys are awesome!!!!

Annie said...

What a brilliant idea! We are so doing that this year!
P.S. You two are an amazing couple and it is very visible how well you work together in your marriage to make it great. Congrats!

Author said...

Money is so gross! Good thing you wore gloves. It totally sicks me out when I see kids sucking on coins, all of that gunk in their mouths - bleck! Contrats on the Anniversary. You guys are awesome!